Saturday 9 June 2007

American film scholar Mark Leslie Woods Launches Welsh Film, Music, and Book Review Symposium

Croeso i drafodaeth 'da fi ar y we, gyda newyddion cerddoriaeth, ffilmiau, barddoniaeth, ffuglen, dramau, a storiau byr y Gymru.

Welcome to my online symposium, your one source for news and reviews about new and old, Welsh Music, Film, Poetry, Fiction, Dramas, and Short Stories.

In June 2007 I completed my Ph.D. in Film Studies at the University of Glamorgan in Wales, and for the past five years I have watched and reviewed over 100 Welsh films and television products, as part of my research.

While there is extensive research in the field of Welsh national cinema by Berry, Blandford, Ffrancon and others, there is also a paucity of qualified scholarship in important areas of this field.

Welsh national cinema is a national cinema, which has struggled to survive, has struggled to overcome systemic and historic obstacles to scholarship, as well as funding, production, exhibition and distribution of its products, related organizations, agents and services.

Consequently, the National cinema of Wales will only benefit from further scholarship, and the implied enhancement of exposure to new and different audiences, from both and industrial and cultural perspective.

Each month I hope to share my findings and reviews with you, and I hope you'll tell me about your favorite films, as well!

Gyda bob hwyl i bawb,

Mark

Click here to go directly to my personal blog page called Mordechai Razing Ziggurats, on the World Wide Web.

Click here to go directly to my personal blog page called Celtic Cult Cinema on the World Wide Web.

Click here to go directly to my personal blog page called Mordechai's Post-Evangelical-Granola on the World Wide Web.

© 2007 Mark Leslie Woods

No comments: